We're looking for a Strategist & Copywriter to work under the guidance of our incredible brand strategy team on a variety of projects. Whether you're a Strategist who loves writing, a Copywriter who loves strategy, or that perfect blend of both—we'd love to chat with you!
This is a mid-level creative role that requires some experience, as well as lots of excitement for growing and learning with our team. You'll take part in stakeholder interviews, do lots of competitive research, write creative copy, and make thoughtful strategic branding recommendations within a wide range of industries.
This role will start as a freelance opportunity, with the goal of evolving into a full-time opportunity if you're the right fit for our team.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Assist, and eventually lead, client interviews by helping schedule conversations, prepping questions, and taking thoughtful notes
- Assist, and eventually lead, marketplace research, competitive analysis, brand positioning, and high-level ideation for brand strategy presentations
- Ability to interpret approved strategy decks and/or creative briefs to create on-brand messaging across a wide variety of touchpoints like web, social, and marketing
- Ability to think about website content strategy needs at a high level, and collaborate with designers and developers to create thoughtful sitemaps and content outlines
- Ability to write clear, concise, on-brand copy for websites, marketing materials, on-pack descriptions, creative campaigns, email blasts, social media, and any other requests from our Strategy Director
- Ability to communicate with the design team and provide any content or strategy needs they may have—from writing copy blurbs for their design directions to creating high-level concept descriptions for design presentations
- Ability to brainstorm a variety of taglines and marketing concepts and present ideas to Strategy Director, Creative Director, and LK team at large
Skills & Qualifications:
- A portfolio that displays work from 2-4 years of experience working as a strategist and/or copywriter
- Expert knowledge of vocabulary and grammar
- Expert skills in all things Google (docs, sheets, meet, gmail, hangouts, drive etc.)
- An open and flexible approach to writing with an ability to work in a shared google doc with the LK team as well as our clients
- Must be able to come into our creative studio in Los Angeles, CA
How To Apply:
Apply with relevant work examples and a short intro about why you'd be an excellent fit by emailing [email protected] with the subject line "Strategist & Copywriter"